Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ketchup

Well, I know, it's been a while. unfortunately due to technical difficulty and lack of urgent concern, this is my first post from the road. Technically day 11 now, but sadly only my 7th day of real mileage gain. The trip started out with a few really wet days, and boy am I glad things have dried up a bit! 
Emotions and feelings about the trip have been all over the map. To look back at my track and progress is very satisfying, but the day to day grind on the shoulder of the road, alone, is pretty lame. At the pace I have been pushing there is no time for sight-seeing or people meeting, just a day after day hammerfest. I have decided to change my route from below the great lakes to through them via Canada. this will help save some mileage and time, and will keep things a bit more interesting. The physical aspect of the push is great, however the boredom factor of being on the road all day is a bit lame.
I am looking forward to planning Ride The Divide next year, and hopefully I could find a partner. Being in the woods as opposed to the shoulder of the road sounds awesome!
I am currently returning o the trip from a short medically concerned hiatus. Since my fall about a week before the trip, the swelling turned into fluid build up, and It now seems as though I am smuggling water balloons in my hip. The doc didn't seem concerned at all, and honestly was quite uninformative and extremely unhelpful (aren't the usually?) I keep feeling like it was a huge waste of time, but I am trying to focus on the positives; I feel slightly more safe with the condition of my hip, I was forced to take some time off to reevaluate the trip from a calm stand point, and I got to ride my mountain bike a bit while I was home!
Maybe the technical difficulties were good and saved readers from reading the day by day write-up of what would probably be super boring to outsiders. Thanks for following! Extra huge thanks to my parents for everything, I know I don't say it enough, and for that I am sorry, but I truly love you guys, and I really appreciate you always having my back!
Sorry for spelling and grammar, no auto correct and modern technology has made me a rah-tard.
CRD

No comments:

Post a Comment